Friday, December 19, 2008

Libby Spencer's Bleg

Libby Spencer, my long-time nemesis at The Impolitic and Newshoggers, has posted what appears to be a bleg, "Ow, ow, ow...."

Ms. Libby writes that "I managed to fall down last night and twisted my foot." The injury's apparently so painful that she was nearly reduced to crawling to the little girls' room. Ms. Libby continues:

I had to drop my health insurance months ago so I can't go get it checked out since I'm already almost $8000 in debt for medical bills. I really need to keep what's left of my credit limit in case the car breaks down. I can't believe it's all that serious anyway. I think it would hurt more if I broke something and the internet doctor sites say the treatment is rest and ice in any event so I'm going to try that for a day or two and see if it helps.

I wish I had some crutches. Ironically, most of my life I've always had a set of crutches around since I've broken toes occassionally and then they just take up room for years on end. Now that I really could use a pair, I don't have any.

Oy. What a life. I can't wait for my luck to turn.
A range of thoughts come to mind upon reading this.

First of all, this is nowhere near an adequate
bleg. Ms. Libby's got a link to Pay Pal in her sidebar, so maybe her longtime readers know to throw a few quarters in the cup, and it turns out that she does make cash pleas on occasion, here for example:

If you've ever felt inclined to donate a few bucks to the blog, now would be a good time to hit the "Make a Donation" button at the top of the sidebar. If you don't want to use paypal, you can email me for a land address. If you can't donate money, any advice would be welcome in either the comment section or by email as well. Kind thoughts would also be greatly appreciated.
Chartitable readers at American Power can click on the "email me" link above to help.

Otherwise, I'm pretty well miffed at why a woman of Ms. Libby's maturity would drop health insurance. Perhaps, as her previous posts have indicated, she's out of work and is just scraping by. Or, maybe Ms. Libby's saving money in hopes of the advent of universal health care under the Barack Obama administration next year, although given the success of past efforts to that effect, that's not a possibility on which I'd hold my breath.

I do know why she's not going to the emergency room (see, "
Who Needs Health Insurance?).

Here's wishing Ms. Libby a healed ankle and a nice weekend, in any case.

3 comments:

Laura Lee - Grace Explosion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AmPowerBlog said...

Grace: Don't feel bad for her. I held back on this post, frankly. Libby's a long-time antagonist to this blog, and frankly, putting out the whiny posts like she does is unbecoming. She should break down on her credit card and see a doctor.

Grizzly Mama said...

We've gone without insurance in the recent past - got health care no problemo. The kids never had to go without due to the state health program here in PA. (It sucked - but they were covered...) My Trigeminal Neuralgia hit at a time when we had no insurance, got tx and rx without a problem.

She needs to go to the damn doctor. End of story.