Tuesday, August 7, 2012

'Sundries Shack' Goes Down After Getting Instalanched

Here's the 'lanche:
WIL WHEATON, The Geek Who Hates? Just ask Sheldon Cooper.

UPDATE: WTF? The Sundries Shack is now showing “account suspended.”
Jimmie has a few tweets explaining things.

And amazingly, Wizbang crossed-posted Jimmie's entry from a cached version, "Will Wheaton, The Geek Who Hates." Nice blogging, Jimmie!

I'm more lazy than cheap (or else I would have migrated by now), although Blogger doesn't crash often, so that's one thing good about staying with it. I was going to break loose when Althouse threatened to quit, but I think it was going to be too much for her to host all her comments and so forth, so she stayed on Blogger after all --- and that was after she had the Google techies excavate all of her comments and posts from the various servers hosting them. It was getting pretty involved.

In related news, Mike at Cold Fury was down for a week or so because he couldn't pay hosting fees, and then there was this epic post from John Hawkins at Right Wing News, "8 Reasons I Hate Rackspace With The Fiery Passion of a Thousand Suns."

Despite all of that, I'm going to "go pro" one of these days. I like William Jacobson's blog, Legal Insurrection, as a model of what a really cool switch-over would be like. But until then, I'm glad I'm not dealing with all those hosting headaches. There's tradeoffs, that's for sure, and since I went to the Disqus commenting system things have improved a lot. I was finally able to be rid of that vile Internet troll and criminal harasser Repsac3. And that reminds me, ICYMI: "Walter James Casper III, Hate-Blogger and Internet Stalker, Harasses Gay-Politics Activist Evan Hurst on Twitter."

0 comments: