Wednesday, June 11, 2014

'I love the policy questions, I'm happy to do more, but I just wanted to talk about the victory here...'

Heck, I'd be in a celebratory mood as well.

But see Noah Rothman, at Hot Air, "Bad sign: Cantor’s vanquisher surprised MSNBC host isn’t just celebrating his victory":

In the wake of his victory, Brat joined MSNBC host Chuck Todd on Wednesday where he received a gentle grilling and was asked for his position on a variety of policy matters. Brat seemed entirely unprepared to have to speak on issues of substance. In fact, he suggested – perhaps (hopefully) jokingly – that he thought Todd invited him on the program merely to celebrate his victory.

“Where are you on the minimum wage?” Todd began, starting off with a question right in this economics expert’s wheelhouse.

Brat railed against unspecific distorting effects on the market before he was prompted to say whether or not he thought a minimum wage should even exist? “I don’t have a well-crafted response on that one,” Brat replied. …

Okay. So, how about foreign policy?

“Would you be in favor of arming the Syrian rebels?” Todd asked.

“Hey, Chuck, I thought we were just going to chat today about the celebratory aspect,” Brat replied. “I’d love to go through all this, but my mind is just, uh, I didn’t get much sleep.”

“I love the policy questions, I’m happy to do more, but I just wanted to talk about the victory here,” he continued.
Yeah, well, cut him some slack. Even Baracky need a couple of minutes to finish his waffles.

0 comments: