Thursday, May 14, 2015

Here's the New Book from Diana Furchtgott-Roth and Jared Meyer

It's Disinherited: How Washington Is Betraying America’s Young.

I blogged the authors yesterday, "Dear Class of 2015, You're in Big Trouble."

In my classes, I've been discussing the trends addressed in the book for years. Students seem to think everything's rosy with Obama and the Democrats, but when you break down the myriad ways they're being robbed --- from ObamaCare to the student debt crisis to out-of-control entitlements --- it dawns on them that they're getting screwed. My goal is to have students think critically about the issues. I used to do the same thing when G.W. Bush was in office, playing something of a devil's advocate, especially on the Iraq war. But obviously, it's way more fun with the Democrats in power. There's so much material these days! The left is so hypocritical I almost want Hillary to win in 2016 just to enliven my lectures. Almost.

In any case, more shopping here: Father's Day Gifts in Tools.

0 comments: