Thursday, June 30, 2016

Bernard Bailyn

After the spring semester finished, my department cleared out the office of Professor Julian Del Gaudio, who passed away suddenly last year. Stacks and stacks of books and academic journals sat outside in the hallway. Plus, my colleagues Greg and Charlotte Joseph both retired, and they set out dozens of books in the hall as well.

I grabbed a bunch of classic old tomes. It was better than going to a favorite used bookstore, heh!

Professor Greg Joseph is an historian of the Cold War and the early American republic. He gave me a copy of Bernard Bailyn's classic, Pulitzer Prize-winning, The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution.

I finished Roger Scruton last night, Fools, Frauds and Firebrands: Thinkers of the New Left.

Now I'm just sampling chapters from the various books I've got stacked up on the ottoman downstairs in the living room. I'm also shopping for a couple of more books online. Thanks to everyone who's been shopping through my Amazon links. The affiliate fees help me afford my book binges, heh.

Bernard Bailyn photo 13512039_10210229589039158_2106461038821320455_n_zpsdrmimzs4.jpg

0 comments: