Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bill O'Reilly Slams Hot Air!

I like Bill O'Reilly. The guy is literally the only commentator in the mainstream media who routinely calls out left wing extremism.

Well, O'Reilly went after both left and right in last night's broadcast - and the Free Republic comment in the video is reprehensible. But check out Amanda Carpenter. She provides the response to
O'Reilly's jab at Hot Air:

Allahpundit defends himself here: "Video: O’Reilly Smears Hot Air."

The Lonely Conservative says
he's had it with O'Reilly. But I think Dan Riehl nails it, "Bill "Blowhard" O'Reilly":

I like that Bill O'Reilly stands up for traditional American culture in a great many ways. He's a bit too much of a self-promoter for me to do headstands over him. But on many levels, he's fighting the good fight. That's cool.

But it's always been clear that when it comes to the Internet and blogs especially, he doesn't know his butt from his elbow. Besides that, Hussein is the freaking guys actual name. I realize it is often used against him as sort of a smear. But it's his name, ... too freaking bad. It should have been used more before the election, not after. But I fight to win. More on certain related naming conventions here.

Ah, there’s nothing like yanking a comment out of context and using it to smear the entire site, even though neither Ed nor I have ever referred to Obama as “Hussein.”

Grandma Bill, so intent on looking after his fans, should try to stick more to things he knows something about. But then, that's never stopped him before. And as for Amanda Carpenter, I give her a pass. She's an excellent Right-side journalist and has a sweet gig there that doesn't include challenging Mount Blovious.

Besides, I've met Amanda, and she's a freaking babe. How can you not like all that.


3 comments:

Dave said...

I was soooooooooo disappointed that it wasn't one of my HotAir "Hussein" comments that BOR used in his sanctimonious little rant.

LOL-I must be slipping.

-Dave

AmPowerBlog said...

Hussein's no big deal, Dave. I don't think we need to attack Sotomayor on diabetes though. That was low.

Dave said...

Dr Douglas,

As I am border line Type II myself, I definitely agree. Diabetes is no laughing matter, as my mother is literally dying from it.

What truly scares me is my age (45) and impending Obamacare.

I wonder at what point the government bureaucrats will decide I am too old to bother with?

-Dave