Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Left's Eliminationist Narrative

After yesterday's smackdown, Charles Johnson is doing Olympian twists and turns (safe link) to try to salvage his "right-wing bigotry and hatred" slander regarding the New York cabdriver attack. To see people like this is to witness those who inhabit another world apart from reality. It's a world that Melanie Phillips explained in The World Turned Upside Down. No truth can break them from the grips of their hatred, and those who deviate from the narrative are not just repudiated, but hounded --- even beaten --- into silence and subjugation. That's why leftists get along so well with jihadis. Their goals of ideological domination are one and the same.

William Jacobson has an awesome post on this, "
Another Failed Eliminationist Narrative" (via Glenn Reynolds):

Photobucket

Bill Sparkman. Amy Bishop. The Fort Hood Shooter. The IRS Plane Crasher. The Pentagon Shooter.

People who had nothing to do with each other in the real world. In the blogosphere, each of these people was linked by a macabre desire by the left-wing blogosphere to find a crime which fit a narrative of right wing violence inspired by talk radio, Fox News, "wingnut" bloggers, and Tea Partiers.

It's the narrative pushed by Dave Neiwart of Crooks and Liars about an "
eliminationist" radical right. You could say that Neiwart fancies himself the new Richard Hofstadter, and "eliminationist" is the new "paranoid style" in American politics.

In each case, the facts did not fit the narrative. But the narrative was pushed anyway.

Add the
Anti-Muslim Cabbie Stabber to the list. That person is Michael Enright.

The narrative which
exploded immediately in the left-wing blogosphere was that right-wing incitement related to the Corboda Mosque and Islamic Center incited Engright to stab a Muslim cab driver, after questioning the driver as to his faith. Here is a taste of the initial reaction from leading blogs ...
Check the rest of William's post for all the usual suspects.

And don't miss Michelle Malkin's entry as well, "Left: The NYC Muslim cabbie stabbing was right-wing ISLAMOPHOBIA!…oh, wait a minute…" Michelle links to a classic example from the Village Voice: "Was the Muslim Cab Driver Slashing the First “Ground Zero Mosque."

This is par for the course. Fortunately though the slanders are being debunked and their perpetrators repudiated. The November election's going to start the process of removing these freaks from power. It may well take a couple of elections, but radical leftists have badly overreached and their attempts to keep power at all costs have become increasingly extreme, even dangerous. But don't rest, friends. They're on the run and we're going to keep the pressure on. Evil will prevail only in the absence of countervailing moral power. Keep your head in the game and your eyes on the ball. But most of all get in the arena if you're on the sidelines, and give no quarter. The battle is enjoined!

13 comments:

Tom the Redhunter said...

yes, one Muslim cabbie is attacked and it's subject #1. Christians and conservatives are now to be tarred as inciting it.

Meanwhile, how many Islamic terror attacks have occurred around the world in the past week?

JBW said...

"No truth can break them from the grips of their hatred..."

I assume you linked to my post because you define my lament (the only part of the post original to myself) about the World Trade Center site still being a big ugly hole as "hatred". Classy, Don. Stupid and childish but classy as well (one of those adjectives was sarcastic, chief; try and guess which one).

Keep up the whiny martyrdom and fear, they suit you.

AmPowerBlog said...

Bingo, JBW.

Classless, so you know "Classy."

And I've given you some slack, but that post is on the evil side. You should watch it.

JBW said...

Ooooooo, imagine my relief at all this slack I've just been given. I just don't know what I'd do if you honed your razor sharp rhetoric my way and called me a loser again, Don.

Tell you what I'm gonna do: my oldest niece is almost seven-years-old, I'm gonna have her write you an email explaining how big kids know better than to mindlessly categorize everything in the world as either "good" or "evil". I'm not gonna watch it though, cause I know you're watching it for me, big guy. Ciao.

AmPowerBlog said...

Actually, check back with me when you grow up a bit, or, when you decide that your wont for addled, drug-induced commentary is epic fail.

JBW said...

Ah yes, "drugs are bad" and "epic fail". That's the rhetorical alacrity I've come to expect from you, Don. My niece is laughing with me.

AmPowerBlog said...

JBW: My kids are laughing at you, JBW, since they indeed know that drugs aren't hip. Brain Rage. Loser. Fail.

JBW said...

I was right: I don't know what I'm gonna do! And I don't doubt your kids think that, Don. You've proven yourself to be an absolute fount of hipness in the past. This is fun; we're always laughing, you and me.

JBW said...

Awww, somebody's upset...

AmPowerBlog said...

Actually, been off the grid, JBW. Obsess much?

JBW said...

No, you just replied to my two previous comments within five minutes each so I gave you over twelve hours for the next one, Don. If you didn't have a history of deleting comments you don't like I wouldn't have said anything but your ability to "welcome comments and debate, and defend your positions vigorously" can be somewhat arbitrary at times.

I'll have my niece define "obsession" for you in her email as well. Cheers.

AmPowerBlog said...

Like I said, JBW.

I'm out of town. Wanna cruise down to Fresno and meet me for a beer? You can show me in person how much more of a towering figure you cut. But jeez, for such a big boy you're sure intent about proving your manhood at AmPow. It's called time, JBW. I indulge you when I have it, and that's being generous. You. Remain. Epic. Fail. On. The. Issues. Loser.

Now go get stoned, or something.

JBW said...

Gotta work tonight Don, can't do it. Although the prospect is definitely sweetened by constantly being called a loser; I assume that's what you mean when you talk about "the issues", huh? Well played, sir.

And you're the one making with the constant chest thumping, big guy. I'm just having a laugh, as always. If you're ever in the Bay Area let me know ahead of time, first round's on me. Just promise me you'll let me get properly liquored up to dull the pain before you take a swing at me, OK? Cheers.

Now, where did I leave my meth pipe?